Are you using Netgear wifi Range Extender at home? If yes, then Here in this post we are going to provide the instructions on how to setup netgear wifi extender wirelessly. Many users are facing issue while they connect their Netgear Wi-Fi extender to the network through manual setup. If you are among the one who is facing the same issue, then continue reading this post.
Steps To Connect The Netgear Wi-Fi Extender Manually:
- If you are using Mywifiext. having Ethernet port, then go through the steps mentioned here as follows
- Open your computer or laptop and login to the official page of wifi extender from your internet browser.
- Type www.mywifiext.net on your web browser and click ‘Enter’. The login page will be opened on your computer screen.
- Login to the account using user id and password.
- By default, the username for your wifi extender is admin and the password for it is password.
- If you find any issue while you are login to the account, then you can go to www mywifiext net setup support page.
- The password and the username of your wifi range extender are case sensitive. So you must enter them carefully. Otherwise, this may create a issue in opening the settings.
Once you successful login to the account, go to ‘Setup’ option followed by ‘Wireless settings’.
- First step, go to ‘security’ options and check out the Password of your network key. If you find that AP password and the Network password have any mismatch, then make changes in it according to the one which is already entered and click on apply.
- www mywifiext net login password and AP password should be same in order to connect to the network.
- Now connect your router to the wifi devices that you want to connect using the password or the WPS button given at the back of your device.
If you are using a Netgear Wifi Range Extender which is not having an Ethernet port, then follow these steps:
- First of all, reset your Netgear wifi range extender to the default settings.
- Check out the side panel of your device, here you will get the factory setting button, press and hold the button for 4 to 5 seconds.
- After reset the extender connect the wireless network to the Wifi extender with the help of Wifi device.
- Launch www.mywifiext.exe page in your web browser and login with the Netgear wifi extender credentials.
- The username and password by default are admin and password.
- Carefully read on-screen steps to setup the connection using Access point setup configurations.
- Connect the Netgear wifi extender to the wifi device using the WPS button.